Based in Castlerea and Athleague, Co. Roscommon, Staunton Caulfield & Co. specialises in all areas of criminal defence litigation. We are experienced in representing clients in public order, road traffic and other matters in the District Court; more serious offences such as assault and theft in the Circuit Criminal Courts, and sexual assault, rape and other serious charges in the Central Criminal Court.
We can assist with legal aid applications and with all aspects of criminal cases including attending Garda stations, preparation of the case for the defence and Court appearances.
Our services include:
- Advising clients before Garda investigation: if Gardaí have contacted you regarding a criminal charge, contact us as soon as possible.
- Advising clients in Garda custody during interviews. If you have been arrested and detained for questioning in a Garda station, call us immediately for advice. We can attend at interviews and advise you in-person if necessary.
- Bail applications in the District Court, High Court and Central Criminal Court.
- Defending clients in criminal litigation. Our areas of expertise include the following:
- Theft and related offences
- Public Order Offences
- Drug-related charges
- Road Traffic Offences
- Firearms and Offensive Weapons
- Murder and Manslaughter
- Sexual Offences, including sexual assault and rape
- Criminal Damage
- European Arrest Warrants & Extradition
- Appeals to the Circuit Criminal Court and the Court of Criminal Appeal
- Representing clients in Police Property Applications
The above is not an exhaustive list of our services. We can advise in any other aspect of the criminal justice system as may be necessary.
Our offices are based in Athleague and Castlerea, Co. Roscommon. We provide in-person consultations at our offices by appointment, as well as video-link and phone consultations.
If you are in custody in Harristown Prison in Castlerea (or elsewhere), we can set up an in-person, video link or phone consultation also.